Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Technology Fast

So Mr.Cooney has challenged the class to a Technology Fast! Well congratulations to everyone who is giving it a go! or who has completed it successfully. Really though, you did a really good job! Me personally, I didn't take part because to be honest with you i don't think I rely on my phone that much or the internet for that matter. OK! I text everyday but i could stop no problem if I wanted. There have been days when my battery goes dead and i feel fine without my phone . I don't run around complaining that "I feel naked without it" or act as if I'm someone important and my life has to stop because of a phone. I think were all a bit too reliant on Technology these days!

For Example; My mam got stuck in Tunisia because of the dust from the volcano eruption in Iceland and in the same few days she was gone the microwave broke!! I was on a Food Fast!!, never mind a Technology Fast!!

Evolution of Technology
As for the Technology Fast! I think it was a good effort by Mr.Cooney but as for certain members of the class such as Jemma and Denise I don't think they really tried to hard and they want to just feel like there being good and neglecting there phone, when really there not. For example: Jemma it isn't a Technology Fast if you have your phone in your hand 6 hours of the day or you wake up feeling good about yourself for not using your phone between the hours of 12 and 7 in the morning. After all it is pretty hard to text or make a phone call when your unconscious. And as for Denise i thought her i-phone was an extension of her arm! But i do have to acknowledge the fine efforts of one Melissa Heeney. 1 Hour on her phone. Now that's a Fast!
I think everyone needs to take a page out of my book and relax with all this Technology. Like I'm not addicted to my phone at all.

Oh this is just a picture of me as a baby that my mam found. Thanks Mam!!


Baby Michael Taking A Call

No comments:

Post a Comment