Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Moustaches - A Shrine to Tom Selleck

A random topic maybe but hopefully a good read for my fellow bloggers.

Inspiration for this blog came from my housemates love interest and his desire to sport a rather fine moustache. You see the moustache is a rare choice of facial hair style for young gentlemen in the age group of 18-25. To be quite honest i disagree that a moustache suited this particular gentlemen but everyman to himself. I hope he continues to rock it with style. I became fixated on the "hairy bugger". I'd never seen one in this style before. It was black and thinly cut. Almost as though he didn't know it was there. Whenever i see him I'm like a deer caught in the headlights. Reminds me of the old days of Magnum P.I and the GOD of the Moustache, Tom Selleck. Now thats a Moustache. It would just be rude of me to discuss Moustaches without paying my respects to the Man behind the MO.
Tom SelleckMaybe it's because i have bad memories from back in the day when my dad used to sport a fine stache, but I'm just not comfortable with the little guys. It takes nostril hair to a new level. But I still can't help but look. It's like driving by a car crash, you know you shouldn't stare but you do anyway.

There are many styles of tash you see.

Moustache Styles

Who would have thought they had names. I think this year I'm going to take part in something i've always been to afraid to take part in. This November I'm going to take part in the charity event "Movember". Its a charity in aid of cancer that encourages men to get sponsorship for sporting a Moustache for the month. It might take some time but i think i can grow one. I'll make my dad proud and more importantly Mr. Selleck.

Check out the Link to see a Top Ten list of important people in history who have all sported a Moustache.
Link to TOP TEN

No comments:

Post a Comment